In 2009, Great River Energy, the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, and the Wisconsin K-12 Energy Education Program (KEEP) brought Energy Education in the Classroom to Minnesota teachers for the first time. The course has gotten excellent reviews from teachers since its inception in 1994.
Comments from 2011:
- Great class, great building. I had a wonderful experience.
- Great resource of ideas!
- The material given will be useful in instruction on energy in my classroom.
- The speakers were knowledgeable about energy use and were interesting.
- A great deal of information and ideas to provide to students. Great activities and feedback ideas.
- I learned so much about the generation and transmission of energy.
- Great River Energy is the perfect site for this class!
- I enjoyed the warm, friendly atmosphere!
- I am always looking for “hands on” activities and the course gave me lots of them.
- The interactions with my colleagues were awesome!
Comments from 2010:
- Lots of information and the activity guide is pure gold. Lots of resources to use.
- Fresh ideas to make energy management entertaining.
- There was good information for me as an energy consumer and effective lessons for me to teach.
- Gave me practical ideas and resources to bring back to use in my classroom.
- The information on energy education was very valuable. I have a huge resource of ideas/activities to enhance my science energy curriculum.
- I found this class extremely beneficial to making my teaching of energy education better. As a customer of a Great River Energy cooperative, I also gained valuable personal knowledge and incentive to conserve more energy.
- I loved the speakers, supplies and the building. Thank you!
- Usable information. Applicable to MN state science standards.
- Real life current information. State of the art building – demonstrating principles.
- A lot of great information was presented.
- I will use many of the activities from the KEEP materials. The Great River Energy materials are a good reference.
- Great resources to complement/fit with our standards.
- I learned so much about energy and how it reaches us.
- The books will work great and the activities are laid out and easy to use.
Comments from 2009:
- I wasn’t sure what I was expecting but it was so much more. I would definitely do it again.
- I know so much more about energy than I have had time to learn.
- Would recommend “in a heartbeat”.
- I liked the relaxed nature of the course. You were great presenters and hosts.
- Great resources to use in the classroom and time to spend doing activities.
- I can bring back materials I can use in the classroom.
View course information and how to register »