Steele-Waseca Cooperative Electric
Steele-Waseca Cooperative Electric was formed on October 10, 1936, when Waseca Cooperative Electric and Steele County Cooperative Electric were merged into one organization with a combined membership of 860.
Since its beginning, the cooperative has grown steadily to its present membership of more than 9,000. A growing membership and increased loads created the need for power, lines and facilities. Today, SWCE has more than 1,900 miles of line and 16 substations for its 900-square-mile service territory.
|Steele-Waseca Cooperative Electric
Approx. Number of Members: 9,669